10 IMPORTANT things your dog will ask
1. My life is likely to last 11 to 18 years. Any separation from you will be painful for me. It’s in my nature to be part of a pack and I hate being left alone. Please remember this before you bring me home. I am a LIFETIME commitment, not when it’s just convenient.
2. Give me time to understand what you want from me.
3. Place your trust in me—it is crucial for my well being.
4. Don’t be angry with me for long and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your entertainment, and your friends. I have only you.
5. Talk to me sometimes. Even though I don’t understand your words, I understand the tone of voice when it’s speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will not forget.
7. Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones on your hand, but I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being “uncooperative” or “obstinate” or “lazy”, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I am not getting the right food or have been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting weak and old.
9. Take good care of me when I get old, you too will grow old.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say “I can’t bare to watch” or Let it happen in my absence”. Everything is easier for me when you are there.
-original author unknown-